Sunday, April 02, 2006

WHY I AVOID MY HIGH SCHOOL REUNIONS

1. I am fat, ugly,disabled , and exist apart from the lives of "the beautiful people." I have grown weary of defending myself against the daily onslaught of a society which does not value a way of being that is unique and my own. I refuse to justify my life to my former "peers."

2. I have not "arrived" according to the definition of said society and it don't look like I am going to anytime soon. I will not play the phoney in the company of fools. I no longer have the energy nor the desire for inane drivel.

3. When I think about the trauma I was living through in high school, I quickly lose the desire to reunite with anyone who recognized or should have recognized my vulnerability.

4. I don't feel like getting all dressed up in clothes I don't really like to wear in order to hang out in a fancy restaurant several hours away from my home with people that I don't know anymore and maybe never really did know all that well.

5. I resent being hit up for monetary "donations" to support an institution which preaches a message of conformity to the will of a man who wears a dress .


~sapphoq the wanderer

No comments: