Saturday, April 01, 2006

THESE DAYS

These days I spend in quiet contemplation of life and simpler ways of being. As I let go of the clatter and concerns of the outside world, I rediscover my authentic self. Through a celebration of the turning of the wheel, I get back to my own roots. I embrace all that I am.

I step through the doorway that is outside of time and space into that place of stillness and healing. The forest is my temple. I greet each tree as an old friend. Water swirls over a waterfall and I stand on the wooded bridge at once whole. Loons call from the distance. The lake is spring-fed and cold. I strip and walk in. At once, the healing waters engulf me and rock me, washing away any vestiges of pain. I relax. The sun warms me and the wind tickles me. Here I am alone and not afraid. I float on my back until the sun begins her journey to sleep. Mists rise on the water. Sated, I find my way out. A fire has been started and I dry myself by her warmth. There is hot vegetable soup and herbal tea. After, I sleep.


~sapphoq

No comments: