Sunday, April 22, 2007

SHOULD FOLKS WITH T.B.I. OWN GUNS? 4/22/07

Many of us with traumatic brain injuries wind up with an exacerbation of mental symptoms or with new ones, depending. For most of us, the deal is clinical depression-- Major Depression. For a few, it's schizophrenia. Furthermore, those of us who weren't addicted [to alcohol and/or to other drugs] before the t.b.i. run an increased risk of addiction afterwards. And those of us who have maintained some sort of recovery run an increased risk of relapse.

No, I don't own a gun and don't have access to any guns.
No, I don't think that gun ownership is a worthwhile goal for those of us with traumatic brain injuries to go after.

If there ever becomes a list of names of people who are forbidden to own guns, I will voluntarily ask that my name be put on it.

No comments: