Thursday, February 22, 2007

surprise- I AM WHAT I AM 2/22/07


Here is this week's blinkie. Some folks think of Popeye the Sailor Man when they hear or read this phrase. I think of La Cage aux Folles.

In life, not everyone wishes us well. If we are really honest within our selves, we don't wish everyone else well either. We do not have to love everyone today. Nathaniel Branden calls that "spiritual promiscuity" and I quite agree with him.

If your self-esteem has been bruised and battered, you might benefit from some of the books written by him. You may not agree with everything he says. [Trauma survivors in particular may disagree with some of his material]. You may not have the same politics or spiritual outlook. [He is a libertarian and an atheist]. You may not be of the same social class or sexual orientation [He is rich and definitely a total heterosexual].

I found Nathaniel Branden's work pre-t.b.i. And because I engage in practicing the six pillars of self-esteem, when really bad crap happens I don't give up.

Here's to hoping that none of us give up-- ever!


sapphoq healing tbi

No comments: