Tuesday, October 24, 2006

SOMETIMES HAVING A TBI BITES 10/24/06

Yesterday-- in a tbi-induced frenzy-- I decided to clean up the mass of wires on the computer desk leading to hither and to nowhere much like my life. I went to the Home De-pose and bought some hard hollow gray circular stuff into which I thought I would insert some of the wires [to save them from the computer kitten who seems hellbent upon destruction for attention], a small handsaw-like object to cut, and electrical tape in five colors.

So equipped, I settled in behind the desk to detangle the mass that has become the kitten's playground. First I traced wires back from the surge protector to their various sources and gave them little tapes of color. Therein the difficulties began. In the maze of gigits and transformer boxes and whatnot, it quickly became apparent that I had no clue of the functions of many of said objects were. I cut and taped like a mad woman. I hacked away at the unyielding gray stuff, strung tubes like bad necklaces, assigned more colors, created a pile of gray shaving everywhere. It became apparent that once again my tbi-brain had done me in. I unstrung the gray mess, plugged everything back in [now color-coded without a code], and dumped the newly uniquely tangled mess into a crate. I capped the mess with a plastic shelf to bar the computer freakin' kitty from using the crate as yet another sleeping hole.

Disgusted, I limped on with my day the best I could.

The good news: computer kitty wants nothing to do with the mess in the crate.
The bad news: neuro-fatigue and discouragement abounding this morning.

Some days I just should stay in bed.

~sapphoq healing tbi sort of

1 comment:

Jeremy Crow said...

Really all you needed to do was attach a peice of tape {same color and perhaps a number to each end of each wire regaurdless of what it does, and then you know which one to unplug when they become an octopus ... Don't give up it sounded like a great plan that just got frustrating and that is how life is ... I'll be here to help out when youy attempt it again ;-) JC