Monday, April 08, 2013

The Mini-Mental




December 27, 2004.  

It's winter.  No, it feels like winter.  It's actually spring.  

93, 85 or 86.  

d - l  What word am I spelling backwards?  r  What word is it?  o - w.  

I'm not going to remember any of them.  Nope.  

My childhood was fine.  The biggest problem is that we were poor.  

My biggest problem now is my voice.  I can't sell you a car.  I keep practicing.  I want to go back to that.  They still haven't gotten my glasses right.  

School is fun.  

I try not to use the credit card much.  

I have to go to the bathroom.  Where is it?  

I do push ups.  

It's boring.  They fix meals and do my laundry.  That's all.  What's my address again?  

Around ninety dollars.  Nine hundred.  It went down.  And then they charge you extra for everything.  

I don't talk to my friends anymore and they don't talk to me.  I don't know why.  

She travels a lot.  No.  

Once or twice a week.  I have no one who will take me to the store. 

Speak up so I can hear you.  

That's not right.  This one here?   

A watch.  A pencil.  

Wednesday.  I don't know what county it is.  I'm not from around here.  The tenth floor.  

I leave the strings hanging down so people will think that I am poor.
 

sapphoq healing t.b.i. says: The mini-mental took more than an hour and a half.  Dad no longer cleans up well.  Dementia sucks.

No comments: