Thursday, September 03, 2009

Taming My Inner Critic



Recently I decided to address what I have referred to in the past as my critical nature. My Inner Critic-- which is really my own thoughts inside my head-- won't shut up. In order to combat the vast flow of negativistic internal conversations about countless people I have decided that whenever I express to myself such thoughts, I immediately will follow it with something good about the person that I am criticizing. And the "something good" cannot be things like, "The sneakers she is wearing are way cool." The "something good" has to be meaningful rather than superficial.

The good news: It is working and working well.

Those of us who have survived brain injuries [just like anyone else who is actively engaged in a change process] are able to overcome those things inside ourselves that hold us back from being our true selves. This is truly something to celebrate!


sapphoq healing t.b.i.

No comments: