Thursday, November 09, 2006

"I'VE DONE THAT ALREADY" 11/9/06

I went to visit an aunt today and had occasion to watch "The View" with Rosie O'Donnell and all of them. "The View" is not a show I would ordinarily watch. I did watch it though because my aunt was watching it.

Barbara Walters was on the show and she brought along her best friend Beverly Sills. For those who don't know [and I didn't either] Beverly Sills was an opera singer who quit at the height of her voice at the age of 50. She does not sing anymore-- ever.

Upon quitting, her husband gave her a ring with the words "I've done that already" engraved on it. In turn, she passed the ring on to Barbara Walters when she retired from Big News Teevee.

So now when I get impatient with my slow progress and begin to beat myself up mentally, I can say to my self, "Self, I've beaten my self up already. I don't have to do that again." Or, when I think about attempting to return to work for Running Sores Incorporated, I can say to my self, "I've done that already!" And the beauty thing is, I don't have to suffer through a position at Running Sores ever again.

"I've done that already" has become my new temporary motto which I intend to use to stave off any bad repeat decisions or whatnot. I've done that already, and I don't have to do it again!

Freedom is as much a freedom to go forward as it is not to return. If I've made that mistake before, there are plenty of new ones to choose from!!!

Negativistic thinking? I've done that already.
Procrastination? I've done that already. Now since I've already procrastinated, I can take action instead!
Laziness? Yep, I done that already too and perfected it to a science. I don't have to keep doing that anymore. Cuz, I've done that already.

If I want something different, I gotta do something different.
Anything worth having is worth working for.
Time to get off my duff and get going.

I don't have to sit on my duff any longer and whine, whine, whine. I've done that already AND I am done with that!!!

sapphoq healing tbi

2 comments:

Jeremy Crow said...

Well here is to the new you ... I'll be here with a gentle foot for your butt when you need it ;-) JC

sapphoq said...

Thanks Jer!

spike q