Friday, July 07, 2006

A BASIC TRUTH 7/7/06



No matter who we are, we are all completely and utterly alone in our own skins. We may surround ourselves with human company. We may feed off of crowds, join clubs and organizations, and dash about. We can allow ourselves to get carried away within chosen spiritual pursuits. We can lean towards the opposite and refuse to engage with much of anyone or anything at all. We can choose isolation or inactivity or "going with the flow" as a lifestyle.

I have been both the drifter and the planner, the dreamer and the doer, the mystic and the dogmatic. Relentless, my own alone-ness pursued me. Within my own healing, I have found again and again that escapism does not quell it and religious ecstasy does not kill it. I had to stop running. I had to meet my self and embrace my self. I had to learn how to value the thing that was most natural to fear.

Once I accepted this alone-ness, I was able to work on things like self-empowerment and building community.

~sapphoq

No comments: